- Natural persons and legal entities (family agricultural holdings within the VAT system, crafts businesses, companies, co-operatives) that belong to the category of micro, small or medium-sized enterprises that are 100% privately owned or up to 25% state-owned, i.e. owned by local and/or regional government units or the City of Zagreb
- Enterprises with less than 750 employees or the annual turnover less than EUR 200 million with less than 25% of shares owned by the state or local and/or regional government units and the City of Zagreb
Borrowers can be natural persons and legal entities that have entered into a Contract on the Allocation of Funds under the IPARD Programme with the Paying Agency for Agriculture, Fisheries and Rural Development.
2. Purpose of the Loans
The goal of the Programme is to finance projects for co-financing within the framework of Measures 101 and 103 of the IPARD programme in the manner that, within the framework of this loan programme, the entire investment is financed that includes eligible and uneligible expenses in accordance with the Ordinance on the Implementation of Measures 101 and 103 under the IPARD programme (hereinafter: the Ordinance).
In accordance with the Ordinance, the investments will be financed as follows:
Measure 101 – Investments into agricultural products
- Milk sector (dairy cows, dairy sheep, dairy goats)
- Beef sector (fattening of cattle, cow – calf system)
- Pig meat sector (sows, fattening pigs)
- Poultry sector (fattening of chicks, breeding of laying hens, breeding of chicken)
- Egg sector (laying hens)
- Fruits and vegetables sector (excluding mushroom growing)
- Cereals and oil crops sector.
Measure 103 – Investments in the processing and marketing of agriculture and fishery products
- Milk and dairy sector
- Meet processing sector
- Fisheries sector
- Fruits and vegetables processing sector
- Wine production sector
- Olive sector.
|Loans within the framework of the Loan Programme are intended for investments in: |
|I Fixed assets: || |
- construction/reconstruction of construction facilities, greenhouses, polythene greenhouses, storing facilities for fruits and vegetables, ULO refrigerators, bio-gas power facilities,
- machines, equipment, tools and devices,
- specialised transportation vehicles for milk and manure,
- hardware and software,
- new plantations or restructuring of existing plantations of fruits and table grapes,
- reconstruction of existing plantations of olive trees, grapes wine cultivars,
- construction and equipment of irrigation systems, systems for the protection against hail and frost,
- equipment for harvesting, sorting, packing and storing of fruits and vegetables,
- cattle and poultry.
|II Permanent working capital (up to 15% of the loan amount) |
3. Manner of Implementation
- Direct lending
- On-lending via commercial banks which have accepted co-operation on the implementation of this Programme
4. Loan Amount, Disbursement Period and Repayment
| Loan amount ||The maximum loan amount is not limited. It depends on HBOR’s financing possibilities, the investment project, necessary investments, the creditworthiness of the borrower as well as the value and quality of collateral offered. The loan amount is determined in accordance with the investment purpose. |
|Generally, HBOR finances up to 75% of the estimated investment value, VAT not included. In the case of fitting into the state aid regulations in force, it is possible to finance up to 100% of the investment amount. |
| Disbursement period ||Up to 12 months |
| Grace period ||Up to 2 years |
| Repayment period ||Up to 12 years, grace period included |
Loans are approved in HRK.
5. Interest Rate for Borrowers
Precondition for interest rate reduction can be downloaded here
|2% p.a. || |
- natural persons and legal entities that belong to the category of micro, small or medium-sized enterprises investing in agriculture and/or processing of agricultural products
- legal entities that belong to the category of large companies investing in agriculture
|4% p.a. || |
- all other business entities
Interest rate is variable on the basis of the Decision of HBOR’s Managing Board and pursuant to the criteria of the HBOR’s Decision on Interest Rates and the Interest Calculation Regulations.
6. Loan application fee
0.8% one-off, charged on the committed loan amount.
7. Commitment fee
0.25% p.a. on the committed and undisbursed loan amount, starting 30 days from the date of the loan contract.
- bills of exchange and debentures,
- pledge of property or fiduciary title on the property with an insurance policy endorsed in favour of HBOR,
- guarantee issued by the Croatian Agency for Small Business (HAMAG) within the framework of HAMAG Guarantee programmes,
- other collateral acceptable to HBOR.
In case of on-lending via commercial bank, the final borrower negotiates collateral with the commercial bank.
All costs arising out of the establishment and termination of collateral are borne by the borrower.
More detailed information relating to this loan programme can be obtained at:
HBOR, Strossmayerov trg 9, 10000 Zagreb
phone: 01 / 45 91 751, 01/ 45 97 806, 01 / 45 97 818