Working Capital for Investments in Agricultural Production
1. Final Borrowers
- natural persons and legal entities (family farms within the VAT system, crafts businesses, companies, co-operatives) in the rank of micro, small or medium-sized enterprises.
Pursuant to the Conflict of Interest Prevention Act (Official Gazette of the Republic of Croatia Nos. 26/11, 12/12, 126/12, 57/15), restrictions are in force on lending to business entities whose ownership interests are owned by public officials and their family members. The provisions of these restrictions are deemed a constituent part of HBOR loan programmes. The full wording of the restrictions can be found at: Restrictions on Lending to State Officials.
2. Purpose of the Loans
Financing of the working capital needed for smooth agricultural production as follows:
- working capital for current production activities (purchase of raw materials, base materials and other materials)
- working capital for the purchase of agricultural products
3. Manner of Implementation
- through commercial banks
- risk-sharing model
4. Loan Amount, Disbursement Period and Repayment
Minimum loan amount is HRK 50,000.00. Maximum loan amount is not limited and depends on the availability of HBOR’s funds. Loans are approved in HRK and are not indexed to foreign currency.
|The refund of previously invested funds shall be approved by HBOR in the case of payments made for the purpose of preparing agricultural production generally up to 3 (three) months before submitting the loan application to the commercial bank.|
Up to 3 months
Up to 12 months
|Manner of repayment||
In equal monthly or three-monthly instalments or in a bullet repayment (depending on final borrowers’ requests and commercial banks’ assessments)
5. Interest Rate for Final Borrowers
Depending on the capabilities of the final borrower in obtaining the right to the award of de minimis aid, loan comes with a general interest rate that is determined at least in the amount of reference or by stimulating the interest rate or the effective interest rate below the reference.
Interest rate is variable on the basis of the Decision of HBOR’s Managing Board and pursuant to the criteria of the HBOR’s Decision on Interest Rates and the Interest Calculation Regulations.
Interest is calculated and charged on the disbursed loan amount monthly or quarterly. The calculation of interest is made according to the proportional method.
6. Loan Application Fee
0.8% one-off, charged on the committed loan amount
Final borrower negotiates the collateral with the commercial bank within the framework of agreeing upon customary collateral (bills of exchange, debentures, pledge of property or transfer of fiduciary title to property, guarantees of banks and other collateral customary in the banking operations).
8. List of Commercial Banks Co-operating with HBOR on the Loan Programme:
- Addiko Bank d.d., Zagreb (RS)
- Banka Kovanica d.d., Varaždin
- Croatia banka d.d., Zagreb
- Erste & Steiermärkische bank d.d., Rijeka (RS)
- Hrvatska poštanska banka d.d., Zagreb (RS)
- Istarska kreditna banka Umag d.d., Umag
- Jadranska banka d.d., Šibenik
- Kentbank d.d., Zagreb
- Kreditna banka Zagreb d.d., Zagreb
- OTP banka Hrvatska d.d., Zadar (RS)
- Partner banka d.d., Zagreb
- Podravska banka d.d., Koprivnica (RS)
- Privredna banka Zagreb d.d., Zagreb
- Raiffeisenbank Austria d.d., Zagreb (RS)
- Sberbank d.d., Zagreb (RS)
- Slatinska banka d.d., Slatina (RS)
- Societe Generale – Splitska banka d.d., Split
- Štedbanka d.d., Zagreb
- Zagrebačka banka d.d., Zagreb (RS)
The aforementioned commercial banks have been included into the financing through commercial banks.
Those commercial banks that have been included also into the financing under the risk-sharing model are marked by acronym RS.
More detailed information relating to this programme can be obtained at:
HBOR, Strossmayerov trg 9, 10000 Zagreb
Phone: +385 1 / 45 91 666