Loan Programme for the Improvement of Liquidity
1. Final Borrowers
- companies, craftsmen, institutions or co-operatives
Pursuant to the Conflict of Interest Prevention Act (Official Gazette of the Republic of Croatia Nos. 26/11, 12/12, 126/12, 57/15), restrictions are in force on lending to business entities whose ownership interests are owned by public officials and their family members. The provisions of these restrictions are deemed a constituent part of HBOR loan programmes. The full wording of the restrictions can be found at: Restrictions on Lending to State Officials.
2. Purpose of Loans
- settlement of obligations towards suppliers, financial institutions, the state and settlement of other short-term liabilities
3. Manner of Implementation
- via commercial banks
- direct lending in case of a loan application exceeding HRK 37 million
4. Loan Amount and Repayment
Depending on the possibilities of the final borrower to obtain right to be awarded de minimis aid, the loan is approved at general interest rate set at least at the level of the reference interest rate or at promotional interest rate, i.e. at effective interest rate that is lower than the reference interest rate.
Interest is calculated and charged on a quarterly basis on the disbursed loan amount with the exception of the final calculation which falls due on loan maturity date.
6. Loan Application Fee
0.8% one-off, charged on the committed loan amount
7. Loan Disbursement
Loan shall be disbursed in a single amount after the conclusion of the loan contract.
The commercial bank is obliged to on-lend the funds to the final borrower on the same day or on the following day at the latest. Commercial banks are obliged to utilise loan funds for the prescribed purpose in accordance with this Loan Programme and verify proper utilisation of loan funds with the final borrower.
HBOR reserves the right to verify the proper utilisation of loan funds and obliges the commercial bank to obtain and keep the documentation and to maintain the register of documents for the purpose of allowing fast and efficient verification of proper utilisation of loan funds.
In case of direct lending, HBOR disburses funds to the borrower’s account and the borrower makes payments independently.
For the purpose of securing due fulfilment of loan obligations, HBOR accepts bills of exchange and debentures, pledge of property or transfer of fiduciary title to property accompanied by an insurance policy endorsed in favour of HBOR, a bank guarantee, and other customary security in the banking operations.
In case of on-lending via commercial banks, final borrower negotiates collateral with the commercial bank.
9. Commercial Banks Co-operating with HBOR on the Loan Programme
- Addiko Bank d.d., Zagreb
- Banka Kovanica d.d., Varaždin
- Croatia banka d.d., Zagreb
- Erste & Steiermärkische bank d.d., Rijeka
- Hrvatska poštanska banka d.d., Zagreb
- Kentbank d.d., Zagreb
- Kreditna banka Zagreb d.d., Zagreb
- OTP banka Hrvatska d.d., Zadar
- Partner banka d.d., Zagreb
- Privredna banka Zagreb d.d., Zagreb
- Raiffeisenbank Austria d.d., Zagreb
- Sberbank d.d., Zagreb
- Slatinska banka d.d., Slatina
- Societe Generale – Splitska banka d.d., Split
- Štedbanka d.d., Zagreb
- Zagrebačka banka d.d., Zagreb
More detailed information can be found in the complete wording of the Loan Programme or at:
HBOR, Strossmayerov trg 9, 10000 Zagreb
Phone: +385 1 / 4591 666