In the period 2014 – 2020, EUR 8.3 billion were allocated for Croatia from the proceeds of the European Structural and Investment Funds (hereinafter: ESI) – the European Regional Development Fund, the Cohesion Fund and the European Social Fund, and EUR 2.3 billion out of the proceeds of the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development, the European Agricultural Guarantee Fund and the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund.
From the above stated sources, investments will be implemented on the basis of:
- Operational Programme „Competitiveness and Cohesion“ that supports investments relating to research and innovations, ICT industry, promotion of entrepreneurship, environmental protection and energy, transportation, through works, purchase of equipment and technical assistance, the sources of which are the European Regional Development Fund and the Cohesion Fund.
- Operational Programme „Effective Human Resources“ that supports investments in strengthening of employability, social inclusion and struggle against poverty, as well as education, the source of which is the European Social Fund.
- Rural Development Programme 2014 – 2020 that supports both the development of Croatian agriculture and rural areas in general, and the source is the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development.
- Operational Programme for Fisheries 2014 – 2020 that promotes competitive, environmental, economically sustainable and socially responsible fisheries and aquaculture, and the source of which is the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund.
- National Programme in Support of Wine Sector 2014 – 2018 supporting the increase in production of quality wines and competitiveness of wine producers, modernisation of wine-growing techniques and new investments in infrastructure of wineries, and the source of which is the European Agricultural Guarantee Fund.
In the period 2014 – 2020, HBOR will take over the role of creditor of EU projects that will be co-financed out of the proceeds of ESI funds within the framework of the above mentioned programmes.
Loan funds that will be provided by HBOR are intended for the completion of the financing plan of projects, and include:
- A part of project that will be financed out of the proceeds of ESI funds – eligible expenses,
- Expenses that are a part of the project and cannot be nominated for ESI funds.