HBOR is Croatia’s promotional and development bank. We pay special attention to establishing and maintaining successful relations with international financial institutions, development banks, export credit agencies and commercial banks. Interlinking internationally with financial institutions globally we are able to timely exchange best practices in the development finance and export finance as well as EU, OECD and other institutions influential to the functionality of the finance sector.
At the core of product and services provided are numerous loan programs, export credit insurance products (ECA activities) and export guarantees. HBOR maintains a wide network of correspondent and current account relations and can offer customary instruments of foreign exchange transactions to its clients. Having this in mind, HBOR has a vast know how in both domestic development financing as well as Trade Finance products.
Furthermore, HBOR cooperates with local international chambers of commerce in Croatia, embassies and offices of foreign financial and multilateral institutions as well as associations such as the Croatian Chamber of Commerce and the Association of Croatian Exporters. Naturally, we continually communicate with the relevant ministries in Croatia to foster trade with other nations and regions. Additionally, we communicate and complement overall multilateral economic co-operation of the Republic of Croatia by participating and supporting national delegations at the World bank and IMF as well as EBRD meetings. Through all of these cooperations, we tend to foster growth of the Croatian economy, economic cooperation between Croatia and other nations that foster exports and mutual economic benefit.
HBOR is an active member of international associations that aim in improving financing various spheres of economy and improve access to finance without distorting the markets but rather complimenting and stimulating them. For example in the areas of SME (NEFI), long term financing (ELTI), public financing (EAPB), global collaboration in development (IDFC), export insurance (Prague Club of the Bern Union) and business practices growth (BACEE).
In this respect, HBOR complements the Republic Croatia and Ministry of Finance by providing expert assistance and participates at the Export Credits Group of the Council of the European Union meetings. Based on the importance of governmental or national economic delegations, HBOR participates to support businesses in their effort to finance international trade and exports.
Global objectives in the domain of environmental protection, natural resources protection and sustainable development cannot go unmentioned. HBOR follows these international efforts by participating in the implementation of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
Our Office contact:
International and Export Strategy
Strossmayerov trg 9,
Croatia – EU
Tel: +385 1 45 91 750
Fax:+385 1 45 91 527
EAPB (The European Association of Public Banks)
- association that represents interests of financial institutions and agencies in state ownership in relation to the EU legislation bodies
ELTI (European Association of Long-Term Investors)
- gathers financial institutions that are active in long-term financing of public and private sector
BACEE (Banking Association for Central and Eastern Europe)
- association with the objective of establishing banks with financial institutions of Central and Eastern Europe
- gathers export credit agencies with an aim to foster cross-border cooperation and exports
NEFI (Network of European Financial Institutions for SMEs)
- gathers European financial institutions which share a public mission to facilitate the access to finance for SMEs by offering them financial services and expertise
THE CHINA-CEEC INTER-BANK ASSOCIATION
- gathers development institutions from Central and Eastern Europe and China Development Bank (CDB) with an aim to foster cooperation, investments and exports
UNEP-FI (United Nations Environment Programme Finance Initiative)
- gathers financial sector with an aim to promote awareness of key environmental and social issues with respect to sustainable financing
International multilateral institutions:
- The European Investment Fund (EIF) (HBOR is a shareholder)
- The World Bank – and particularly its associated institutions: Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA) with which HBOR signed a Memorandum of Understanding on 4th October 2004 – for more information, see the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD)
Signed Co-operation Agreements
HBOR signed over 50 cooperation agreements that facilitate access and exchange of information on export markets and widen our horizons of operation, HBOR has confirmed the strength of its international network for the benefit of Croatian business, exports as well as our partners globally, thereby placing HBOR and Croatia on the global arena of relevant promotional banks.