Loan Programme for Financing Inventions
1. Final Beneficiaries
Small and medium companies and crafts businesses:
- having developed a product (certified prototype) and/or technology;
and beside the above mentioned, fulfilling one of the following three conditions:
- having submitted an application for the recognition of a patent in the – Republic of Croatia and/or abroad;
- having initiated a procedure for protecting industrial property in the -Republic of Croatia and/or abroad or,
- Operating more than 2 years and having the item intangible assets – development expenses in their balance sheet for the previous year.
Pursuant to the Conflict of Interest Prevention Act (Official Gazette of the Republic of Croatia Nos. 26/11, 12/12, 126/12, 57/15), restrictions are in force on lending to business entities whose ownership interests are owned by public officials and their family members. The provisions of these restrictions are deemed a constituent part of HBOR loan programmes. The full wording of the restrictions can be found at: Restrictions on Lending to State Officials.
2. Purpose of Loans
|I. Fixed assets||
|II. Permanent working capital||
3. Manner of Implementation
- through commercial banks
- direct lending
- risk-sharing model – small and medium enterprises
- risk-sharing model
4. Loan Amount, Disbursement Period and Repayment
|HBOR finances up to 85 % of the estimated investment value, VAT not included. HBOR can, in certain cases, consider a possibility of financing the estimated investment value with VAT.|
small and medium-sized enterprises having proven their competitiveness by successful sales figures in the domestic and/or foreign market
all other small and medium-sized enterprises
Depending on the possibilities of the final borrower to obtain right to be awarded state aid and/or de minimis aid, the loan is approved at general interest rate set at least at the level of the reference interest rate or at promotional interest rate, i.e. at effective interest rate that is lower than the reference interest rate.
Interest rate is variable on the basis of the Decision of HBOR’s Managing Board and pursuant to the criteria of the HBOR’s Decision on Interest Rates and the Interest Calculation Regulations.
6. Loan Application Fee
0.8% one-off, charged on the committed loan amount
7. Commitment Fee
0.25% p.a., charged on the undisbursed loan amount, starting 30 days from the date of the loan contract
- bills of exchange and debentures
- pledge of property or transfer of fiduciary title to property supported by property insurance policy endorsed in favour of HBOR
- bank guarantees
- other customary collateral in the banking operations
In case of on-lending via commercial bank, the final borrower negotiates collateral with the commercial bank.
9. Commercial Banks Co-operating on the Loan Programme
- Addiko Bank d.d., Zagreb (RS SME); (RS)
- Croatia banka d.d., Zagreb
- Erste & Steiermärkische Bank d.d., Rijeka (RS SME); (RS)
- Hrvatska poštanska banka d.d., Zagreb (RS SME); (RS)
- Jadranska banka d.d., Šibenik
- KentBank d.d., Zagreb
- Kreditna banka Zagreb d.d., Zagreb
- OTP banka Hrvatska d.d., Zadar (RS SME); (RS)
- Partner banka d.d., Zagreb
- Podravska banka d.d., Koprivnica (RS SME); (RS)
- Privredna banka Zagreb d.d., Zagreb
- Raiffeisenbank Austria d.d., Zagreb (RS SME); (RS)
- Sberbank d.d., Zagreb (RS SME); (RS)
- Slatinska banka d.d., Slatina (RS SME); (RS)
- Societe Generale – Splitska banka d.d., Split (RS SME)
- Štedbanka d.d., Zagreb
- Zagrebačka banka d.d., Zagreb (RS SME); (RS)
The aforementioned commercial banks have been included into the financing through commercial banks.
Those commercial banks that have been included also into the financing under the risk-sharing model SME are marked by acronym RS SME; those that have been included also into the financing under the risk-sharing model are marked by acronym RS.
More detailed information can be found in the complete wording of the loan programme or at:
HBOR, Strossmayerov trg 9,10000 Zagreb
Phone: +385 1 4591666